Henna – Augmenting The Beauty Of Bride
Henna is a medicinal herb that relieves the body from stress and releases tension. It is used for small burns, cuts or scratches. However, historically henna has been in use for cosmetic uses in different parts of Asia and Africa.
Women have been enjoying beautiful designs and aroma of henna since ages.Applying henna is considered as one of the sacred rituals of Indian weddings. Application of henna in the form of body art is significantly popular in gulf countries apart from many South Asian and African countries.
Henna tattoo is the latest trend catching rage across the world. Being temporary in nature, these tattoos are popular as they are painless, cost effective and more importantly, any design is possible. With increasing popularity of henna tattoos and sporting stylish mehendi designs on hands and legs, many artists have started learning the henna body art. You can come across many specialist bridal Arabic henna artist or Moroccan henna artists.
Application of bridal henna is an important part of Indian bridal makeup. Henna (Mehendi) is linked to many beliefs. A dark color obtained after bridal henna application signifies that the bride would be loved immensely by her would be husband and mother-in-law.
Bridal henna is not just a plain paste of water and henna. It consists of clove oil, few drops of lemon and some eucalyptus oil too. Eucalyptus oil enhances the henna color and makes it darker. One can enhance the color and allow it to last long by following few simple tips.
- To make henna art beautiful and dark at the same time, bridal Arabic henna artists recommend juice of lemon and sugar to be dabbed over the henna dried after application. This mixture feels a little sticky and stops the henna from peeling off and hence increases the darkness of design.
- Henna artists don’t approve of sitting under the sun after henna application. This way henna dries up early and doesn’t produce the same effect that is given when it remains moist for several hours after application.
- Bridal Arabic henna artists highly recommend the application of mustard oil after removing henna. Also, henna should not be removed with water. It should be scratched or taken off by rubbing both the hands after several hours of drying. Just 30 minutes before taking off henna, mustard oil should be applied. Oil provides it warmness and darkens the henna shade.
- Many people recommend the use of VicksVaporub. It can be applied once the henna is removed. Like mustard oil, it deepens the henna color.
- Gloves usage is recommended to prevent hands from water. Gloves would keep the hands warm too. Some people remove the henna, apply Vicks and wear gloves to maintain warmth. Doing this gives the long lasting, beautiful and dark henna.
This time when you adorn your hands with henna, do follow the above tips for a perfect color.